Friday, May 27, 2011

Finally, a new hobby

Last year, I really started getting into trance and electronica music. Since then, I've always wanted to make it. I know its hard work, and expensive, but finally I'm getting into it. A few months ago I downloaded a free VST host (a vst is a virtual instrument thing) called Mad Tracker 2. It was pretty cool, but it was so hard to use and time consuming that I didnt play with it much. I just bought a MIDI to USB cable to I can use my piano as an interface instead of using my computers keyboard, which is a total pain in the ass. And, right now, I'm currently downloading a trial version of Ableton Live studio, which I may buy if I like it. So, keep on the lookout because I'll eventually post one of the atrocities that I will pretend is music.




In the meantime, listen to this masterpiece, something of a quality I will never be able to match. Recommend watching it in 720P

8 comments:

  1. I find the masterpiece quite... average. Is that bad? Am I the only one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried something like FL Studio, Beatcraft, etc? You can generally download for free, and they're fairly easy to get used to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a long time musician and semi-active producer, Ableton is an amateur program for TRUE recording/production....Cubase/Nuendo and Pro Tools are pretty much the industry standard. As for USB connections, as long as your not trying to do too much with USB/MIDI connects, you should be fine-otherwise look into a pro audio soundcard with low latency for midi controllers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty awesome. i tried to "make music" once. it is incredibly hard. you need incredible talent or incredible drive or both.

    good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I have the free trial of Abletron live, the cheapest version ($99). it has some REALLY nice features in it, like the way that you make drums, you can draw them on

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha seems easy but it's hard as hell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great music for long gaming sessions haha.

    ReplyDelete