Thursday, May 26, 2011

My computer is living on the wild side

A few days ago, I realized my computer was lame. The desktop, that is. It was just an ugly wallpaper I once thought was funny, and a half a screen of icons, most of which I never even used. I spent a few hours doing some research and downloaded some programs. I cleaned up my desktop and made it look pretty. Its been about a week, and this is the final configuration I ended up with. I have two more variants that I use, but this one is generally up most of the time.





The quote reader brings up a new quote every fifteen seconds or so, and the box that says Lifehacker also shows top Google news and the first eight messages in my Yahoo inbox. Am I bragging? Maybe. Your thoughts?

14 comments:

  1. Very nice! I currently use rainmeter which does a great job jazzing your desktop up on windows

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jamie, I know right? It was really confusing at first, but now I've mixed four different skins to make this. only thing is, the lack of a windows taskbar makes it difficult, but thats why i hid it up top, so i can use it if i need it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @paulz yes it is, im using the Enigma skin primarily, with the Dark Rainmeter clock, The F***ing weather, and the cog thingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, that's a fine looking desktop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My desktop is as messy as the desktop I'm on in my desktop. You just got Inception'd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love widgets, they are what make the pc better.

    ReplyDelete