Thursday, May 26, 2011

WOO!

I got some great news today. I have a chance at getting a full ride for all four years of college. I received a letter in the mail today telling me that, due to the financial crisis we put down on our Student Federal Aid form and my academic achievements for the past four years, I am eligible to be in a program at my college that would, under a few conditions, pay for all four years of a bachelor degree. Thats really kind of funny, because we're not terribly poor and I only took all regular classes through high school, though I did have all A's in them. I'd have to enroll in x amount of classes and live on campus, which I wasn't planning on, but hey, I'd rather exit college debt free than live with my brother* for  a year, hands down. They will send me a contract to sign, and I have to have that in as soon as possible, otherwise I might not get in the program (it's only open to 500 students). I'll post a new blog when more develops.



*I was planning on living with my brother through college. We picked an apartment that was the same distance from my college as it was from the airport (he's an airline pilot) and we already signed the lease..

25 comments:

  1. Good work mate! Got to take the opportunities that present themselves. Getting out of that lease shouldn't be too hard seeing as you're dealing with your bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! you should take it no brainer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratz. Hope your life will go as you expected :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. My friend turned down a full-ride for a partial scholarship at a more expensive school. She said she was saving more, but her mom got pissed. It was great

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome - hope I can get some good scholarships soon. School's gonna start again soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be pretty awesome to be offered that, hope everything goes well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats man, that's very important and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go for the free college and you can always have a place to crash with your brother. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome! You're lucky if you have that opportunity. All As in high school didn't do much for me.

    Great blog. :) Following and supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great opportunity, congrats! I'm looking at paying 45k out of pocket for my degree, so i definitely envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great news for you, free college is a great opportunity !

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the opportunity i would snatch it up

    ReplyDelete
  13. damn! congratz man i would kill for a full ride

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, that's SO lucky! My student loans don't even cover the cost of my accomodation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GOOD LUCK! Remember to keep your cool mate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratz mate ! keep going !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congradulations man! Wish the same thing happened here, otherwise i'll need to pay a huge load of money for my future :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with everything! What do you plan to major in?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! Make sure you take that contract and other info to your school guidance counselor or advisor, cuz there have been a lot of those offers going around that look great but they're misleading. Just make sure you got the good kind before you sign it! But congrats on good work, get that degree!

    ReplyDelete